Support Current and Future Students
Your gift to Tulane SPHTM - at any amount - is an investment in our students. Your support helps to defray educational expenses, improve facilities, expand research opportunities, and provide the highest quality educational experience for the next generation of public health and tropical medicine practitioners. There are many ways to help:
- Support the Annual Fund! This year, the Fund contributed toward a brand new, cutting edge multi-function technology lab. The lab will be used in the classroom to teach geographic imaging systems (GIS) as well as advanced biostatistics and epidemiology classes. This room will also be used for advanced multi-platform video-conferencing, so that the SPHTM community can conduct worldwide meetings and classes using both video capability and the real-time exchange of media. Your gift to the Annual Fund directly impacts students and faculty. Your giving is also a positive sign for foundations and other donors considering contributions to Tulane SPHTM. The percentage of alumni who give to the school lets them know how alumni feel about their school. To give, visit Tulane Giving and select the option to direct your donation to Tulane SPHTM.
- Help fund a scholarship. Providing ways to help students afford a Tulane public health education is a top priority now. You can establish a scholarship in your name or in honor or memory of someone, or you can contribute towards an existing scholarship. Click here for more information on scholarships at SPHTM.
- Consider the SPHTM in your estate plans. There are numerous ways to support the school with planned giving of annuities, charitable trusts, and bequests of property. All inquiries about planned giving are kept strictly confidential. Please contact Tatine Frater for more information.
- Stay connected! Reach out to classmates, fellow alumni, your department, or school administration. Your experience at Tulane SPHTM continues after you receive your diploma. Click here to ensure that we have your most up-do-date information. And don't forget about our Centennial Celebration in November 2012!
- When you are in town, let us know! Students love to meet graduates and hear about their experiences. You can be a resource to students no matter what you are doing with your degree.
Common questions and concerns about giving to Tulane SPHTM:
I don't make enough to give back to Tulane SPHTM:
Every single dollar helps. Even if you can only give $25.00, that amount can help pay for a jump drive for use in a computer lab. Many small gifts combined become a big gift. Furthermore, when foundations consider investing in Tulane SPHTM, they consider alumni support by looking at the percentage who give back to the school. A small annual gift helps to increase this percentage and improve chances that the foundation will make a gift to the school.
How can I be sure that my support goes to the School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine?
If you are using the Tulane Giving site, simply add your desired amount to the box beside the school's name under "about your gift" on the secure form.
Are my gifts tax deductible?
What is meant by planned giving?
Planned giving refers to gifts that will benefit the school in the future while helping the donor achieve his or her personal financial goals today. The astonishing thing about planned giving is that it often allows donors to make a larger contribution than they thought possible because of the tax and income benefits available to them.
Can assets other than cash be used for a planned gift arrangement?
Yes! Donating appreciated assets such as securities or real estate can bring even more benefits to the donor. There are several methods by which real estate can be donated, including some in which the donors retain lifetime use of the property.
What about estate planning?
Estate planning is an important component of planned giving. Donors who want to remember the school in their estate plans should have a will that ensures that their wishes will be carried out. The school can help you in selecting the right language to ensure that your gift is used the way that you intend.
Can my planned gifts be designated for a purpose of my choosing?
Yes, certainly. While unrestricted gifts and bequests are especially helpful because they can be used for the highest priority at the time, you are free to designate a particular use for your gift.
How can I make a gift?
Make a gift now with your credit card through our secured online giving website.
- Call us to make your gift over the phone at 504-314-7331.
- Send a check to
You may note the specific purpose of your gift on the memo line of your check.
P.O. Box 61075
New Orleans, LA 70161-9986
Your Development Officer:
Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
1440 Canal Street, Suite 2430
New Orleans, LA 70112