Hello! And thank you for considering the Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine for the next step of your academic journey.
The school (often referred to as SPHTM) is fully accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health and is a member of the Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health. We accept applications throughout the year for admission to the fall, spring, and summer semesters. Applications should be submitted through SOPHAS, the single-site online application service for schools and programs of public health.
Process to Apply
- Submit application through SOPHAS.
- Send all official signed and sealed transcripts to SOPHAS.
- Send GRE scores to SOPHAS using school code 6809.
- Submit a career statement through SOPHAS. (Applicants are recommended to limit their statement to 1,500 words, but the system allows for up to 2,250 words in length.)
- Upload your CV or resume through SOPHAS.
Check out the application requirements page, our general FAQs, and the SOPHAS FAQs for more information about applying to Tulane SPHTM.
You have a lot of options for a public health degree. Why should you choose Tulane?
- We are the oldest school of public health, first launched in 1912.
- While many schools have programs that incorporate global health in some way, we have been a global health leader dating back to our earliest days. We understand that global health is not synonymous with international health; rather, global health recognizes that health and health equity are concerns throughout the world and the response to health concerns is not defined by geography.
- We offer a skills-based curriculum, making our graduates attractive to prospective employers.
- Our faculty are international experts in their fields.
- Over 90% of our graduates find jobs in their field within one year of graduation or continue on to an advanced academic program.
- We are located in New Orleans, an affordable city in which to pursue your education, as well as one with many cultural and educational opportunities.
Schedule a Visit
Looking for admissions
information about the