Incoming MCH students have the opportunity to apply for the MCHLT Scholar Program. This three-semester program provides mentored self-development activities to help students become leaders in the field of maternal and child health. A small stipend is also provided.
Examples of leadership development activities include:
- Individual and group outreach
- 5-year development plan
- Mentoring meetings
- MCH-related research
For the incoming cohort, Scholars will be expected to carry out the following…
- First semester: enroll in and successfully complete GCHB 6140 (with tuition for this course covered by the MCHLT), participate in outreach organized by returning scholars, participate in additional personal development activities and meetings
- Second semester: Develop an outreach project, participate in additional personal development activities and meetings (small stipend provided)
- Third semester: Develop a sustainability plan for your outreach project, participate in additional personal development activities and meetings (small stipend provided)
To apply, submit:
- an updated CV or resume
- a cover letter detailing interests in the field of maternal and child health and commitment to the Scholar program
Applications should be submitted by email to Shokufeh Ramirez (firstname.lastname@example.org), by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, August 21, 2012.
A sign-up sheet will be available for individual interviews during orientation (August 22 – 23). Decisions will be made by August 25, so that can Scholars can enroll in GCHB 6140 in time to start the course on August 28.
- First semester MPH student (entering Fall 2012)
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- Enrolled in the GCHB department
- Concentrating in MCH