Career Services offers events throughout the year, such as "Zika From Every Angle" during Health Professions Week.
Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine Career Services offers individual career advising, resume and cover letter review, group programming on professional topics, and networking opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students as well as SPHTM alumni. Job postings and campus or city-wide events are posted through our career management system, Handshake.
Our top priority is helping prepare students for life after SPHTM. We achieve this in several ways:
- Handshake is a comprehensive online career management system, used to manage and distribute information and job opportunities to SPHTM students. Search for jobs, research employers, learn more about events and volunteer opportunities, and connect with Career Services wherever you have internet access. Log in with your Tulane credentials for easy access.
- Check out the Resources section for guides on writing resumes and cover letters, interviewing strategies, networking tips, and a resource guide of public health employers and organizations.
- Career Services offers individual career advising. Make an appointment to speak with Career Advisor Catherine Pugh.
- Career Services holds open walk-in office hours in Tidewater 2460 on Tuesdays from 9-11am and Wednesdays 2:30-4:30pm each week if you do not wish to make an appointment.
The annual Fall and Spring Career Expos are popular among SPHTM students.
Career Services works with many different employers to connect them with students through job postings, on-campus events, and networking.
- Potential employers should email SPHTM Career Services to connect with students through an information session or to post job opportunities or events for your organization. Contact Catherine Pugh. All job opportunities are posted through Handshake for current students and/or alumni to access.
- The annual Spring and Fall Career Expos are a great opportunity for employers to meet hundreds of students and potential employees. Job seekers are eager to explore and learn more about opportunities across the United States and at home with employers like you! Registration for the next Expo is now open.
Career Services connects alumni with students during the National Health Education Week alumni panel.
It's never too late to connect with SPHTM Career Services!
- Career Services offers individualized career advising in person, over the phone, or via Skype. We are here to help you in your professional development, whether refreshing your resume or making a career change. Make an appointment by emailing Catherine Pugh or Margie Cartwright.
- Connect with current students by hosting an information session virtually or on campus, or posting a job or internship opening through Handshake.
- Handshake is an online career management system where alumni can search through job postings and resources on refreshing your documents or networking skills. Register your Handshake account today.
- Stay up-to-date with SPHTM on LinkedIn through the SPHTM Alumni Association Group.
- Connect with Tulane University Alumni Career Services for general career counseling and to find alumni events in your area.
- Tulane Connect is a platform for Tulane alumni across the world to connect. See job postings, alumni events, and a directory of alumni users on one easy platform.
Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine Career Services
|Senior Director of Admissions and
|Margie Cartwright, Esq.
||Tidewater Building, 2460, 24th Floor, #8329
1440 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70112
Like us on Facebook.